Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Spent the Day Feasting on Old Photos...



A poem of sorts
In honor of turning 50

I Spent the Day Feasting on Old Photos.
I created a portfolio of my sketches and art ideas.
I made a display of the best of the best of my photos for my digital album.

I arranged old family photographs and artifacts on my dresser.
I started a slideshow of my friends.
Lots of cropping and correcting.
Lots of memories.
Missing my dear ones that are not here.

If only we could crop and correct the past. Undo the things we wish hadn’t happened, and go for the life we wished we had.

What I wasn’t doing was cleaning my house….
Nor hacking away at my “to do’s,”
Although a considerable amount of dusting and

organizing was occurring.
Never mind the sink, the tub, the carpet, the LAUNDRY.

My friends can now look at the photos instead of the dirt.

1 comment: